A Gmax Charity Event
A fundraiser Day of Athletics Relay challenges
Charity Event Details:
- 6 TEAMS WHICH WILL EACH HAVE 20 PARTICIPANTS.
It is a relay so each athlete will run 400m and the team that achieves the quickest time having all the 20 athletes complete the baton change is the winner.
- MINI 4×400M relay for the kids as the opening event.
- A LIMBO CHALLENGE for extra points. Each team will have 5 of their members attempt the limbo to see who can go the lowest. LIVE STREAM link to the event for your colleagues to be able to see also.
- TEAM MAKE UP each team to be made up of 10 contestants, from the key services ie NHS, FIRE BRIGADE, TFL, ROYAL MAIL, BRITISH GAS, POLICE who will each have 5 males/5 females
The rest of each team will be made up of contestants from various selected organisations
- When: Between 2pm-6pm on Saturday 30th July 2022.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London, E20 2ST
- DRIVING: use postcode E20 2AE for your sat nav and enter via Gate 2
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT: The nearest Bus stop to E20 2ST is:
London Aquatics Centre (H) is 796m away, 12 min walk.
- The nearest DLR station to E20 2ST is:
Pudding Mill Lane is 678m away, 11 min walk.
These Bus lines stop near E20 2ST: 108, 25, 276, 30.
These Train lines stop near E20 2ST: OVERGROUND, TFL RAIL.
These Tube lines stop near E20 2ST: CENTRAL, JUBILEE.
Gmax has a charity partnership with Breadwinners which is another charity that the family our Trustee Jamie Stafford supports. Both charities address the critical needs of young people impacted by social, economic and environmental barriers created by underrepresentation, inequality and lack of inclusivity of diversity and institutional bias.
GMAX USES SPORTS TO address the gender gap and evident mental and physical wellbeing concerns due to the lack of participation in physical activity in young people to reduce the predicted burden on the NHS by targeted groups.
Intervene to reduce the burden on the criminal justice system by choking the playground to prison pipeline and replace this with playground to podium to giving the youth a live change
through sport Provide a 6th form scholarship academy to bridge the unstable gap with the transition into adulthood supported by mentoring.
BREADWINNERS help Refugees who face many barriers when looking for work in the UK and support young people who Lack the in-country experience and connections, legal constraints and bias and discrimination against refugees.
Provides early intervention support for young people seeking asylum aged 16 to 24 through a tailored training programme as Market Stall Assistants.
Supports refugees with newly received status who are struggling to find work by providing them with their first employment opportunity in the UK.
Arrival for set up – Event Managers
Start time (Welcome & Team intro) – Led by Events Team
Event 1(Limbo challenge) – Led by Limbo organisation
Penalty Shoot out – Led by Breadwinners
Mini 400m (Children) – Led by Gmax
4 x 20 x 400m main event
Closing Ceremony awards and thank you – Led by Gmax
Participate as Athlete
4 x 20 x 400m
Music & Live Entertainment
Live Food Stalls
Get in touch
Shoot us a quick message
Questions? Support? Issues? Sponsorship? or just pop-in for a cup of coffee. We would love to chat with you 🤗